Saturday, February 24, 2024

Announcements from Tilford Productions on broadcasts

 


This confirms today's announcement in The Spectrum Monitor that From the Isle of Music and Uncle Bill's Melting Pot will be doing its final broadcasts on WBCQ in March and migrating to Europe in April.  It was a good 9-year run, but the limited resources available to both programs can be more effectively focused in Europe.  More details next month. 

Many thanks to Allan and Angela Weiner for their wonderful support during my stay, and my gratitude for that makes the next part of this communique distasteful to me but necessary. The station's website has always been the weak link in the chain, and for some weeks now, it has listed my name and an email address in the staff section on the front page despite my repeated requests that the listing be removed since I decided rather quickly several weeks ago not to act in that capacity after all.   Any emails to and from that address (programs@wbcq.com) are neither read nor written by me nor have I been acting on behalf of the station.  Again, these lines would have been wholly unnecessary if anything resembling regular website maintenance were being done. 

I look forward to reconnecting with my former European audiences in April, and North, Central and South American listeners should still be able to catch the show via web sdrs.  
73,
Bill Tilford